The SARA Radio Club is moving to ham testing only, as the last couple of years with the Pandemic has made it harder to have groups of people all day in the same room. For the foreseeable future we will be doing testing only. In the information below we will have information about self study and other local Ham Club testing and Ham Cram options.
SARA Club testing When and Where?
- SARA Club will offer Test Only before our Club meeting on the Third Tuesday of each month, starting at 6 PM. (NOTE: please send email to email@example.com to confirm availability)
- The location is 3705 Oakdale Rd., Modesto CA (Stanislaus County Office of Emergency Services)
Information to help with your studies and testing success
On-line Study Web Sites
Other Ham Clubs:
Stock-Delta Amateur Radio Club
Turlock Amateur Radio Club
Please bring the following:
- A valid identification, preferably CDL
- A valid FRN number issued from the FCC
Applicants must use an FCC Registration Number (FRN) for all license transactions with the FCC. Examinees must register in CORES and receive an FRN before exam day.
An instructional video provides step-by-step instructions on how to establish a CORES account, which is necessary for licensees to make administrative updates and download electronic license authorizations.
- Cash or check for $15 for Test Only (check payable to SARA)
- This fee is separate from the new $35.00 FCC fee. This fee will be explained in further detail during registration.
• If you are upgrading your license, please bring a copy of your current license as well as the ORIGINAL. If you need to download a copy follow the instruction on the ARRL Web site at