Welcome Stanislaus County ARES
The Stanislaus County Amateur Radio Emergency Service is composed of FCC licensed Amateur Radio operators who have voluntarily registered their capabilities and equipment for public service communications duty under Federal regulations, Amateur Radio public service communications are furnished without any compensation of any kind. ARES® personnel are prepared to respond during emergencies by a continual training program, and by maintaining their radio equipment and other response items in excellent condition. The team consists only of those who want to help, and who are dedicated to staying prepared to render radio-communications assistance during emergency conditions.
ARES® operates under the authority of the Stanislaus County Office of Emergency Services (OES), and the Stanislaus County Assistant Director for OES. ARES® is organized under the auspices of the American Radio Relay League, the San Joaquin Valley Section Manager, and the San Joaquin Valley Section District Emergency Coordinator.
Operational control is under the county OES.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & STATUS
Situation normal. No activation at this time
Stanislaus County – Health Services Agency ( COVID-19) information
Welcome to the Stanislaus County Amateur Radio Emergency Service.
HAM CRAM – Saturday August 15, 2020 – https://www.stanares.org/ham-cram/
As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, the SARA Ham Cram will be a “test only” option. On Saturday, AUG 15 we will host three testing sessions: 11:00am, 1:00, and 2:30. Each session will be limited to 6 people. To help you prepare, ham cram material will be provided at no cost. The cost of the test only session is $15.00. Email John Otte, K6JRO ham cram coordinator at email@example.com for the question pool and video instructions.
“all participants must wear a mask and maintain. Social distance in accordance with state law.”
ARES Meeting Date and Agenda
- Saturday July 11, 2020 10AM – 12PM
- Due the the COVID-19 health situation and social distancing requirements the meeting will be held over the SARA 145.390 – pl136.5 repeater. We will have a net check in, officers reports and general information. After closing roll call we will move to simplex 147.540 for a quick simplex check in. We will then move back to the 145.390 repeater for coordination of a winlink exercise. Additional information regarding the winlink exercise will be sent out via e mail.
- Saturday August 1, 2020 10AM – 12PM
- Radio Programming – Utilizing computer programs and programming on the fly with no computer.
- HAM CRAM – https://www.stanares.org/ham-cram/
- Saturday August 15. 2020 7:30AM – 4PM
- Saturday September 5, 2020 10AM – 12PM
- Digital S.E.T. – Field Simulated Emergency Test use and discover learned digital modes in a field atmosphere.
- Saturday October 3, 2020 10AM – 12PM
- ARES Annual Meeting – Annual ARES Meeting, Updates, Training, Paperwork and Processes.
- Pacificon hamfest – San Ramon, Ca – 23th thru 25th
- Saturday November 7, 2020 10AM – 12PM
- Digital Skills Recap – Review digital skills that need further focus.
- Saturday December 5, 2020 10AM – 12PM
- Building a Go Box – Building go boxes for portable radio use.